Taunton, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Taunton Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Taunton
- The estimated average credit card debt for Taunton residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Taunton Credit Card Calculator
Taunton Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Taunton
- Residents of Taunton, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Taunton, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Taunton cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Taunton 
- Taunton (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Taunton, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 02780, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Aug 14, 2013||02780||Payoff process||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Jul 31, 2013||02780||Closing/Cancelling account||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jul 3, 2012||02780||APR or interest rate||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|May 31, 2016||02780||Billing disputes||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Mar 11, 2015||02780||Credit line increase/decrease||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Feb 1, 2012||02780||APR or interest rate||BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE||Closed without relief||Yes||No|
|Nov 9, 2012||02780||Closing/Cancelling account||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Nov 19, 2013||02780||Closing/Cancelling account||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Taunton
Banks in or near Taunton, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Taunton produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Taunton, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Taunton produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Taunton, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Taunton produced no matches.
Taunton, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: Taunton vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Taunton ($22,210) is approximately 69 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Taunton, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Taunton has a median household income of $22,210, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 13 percent of Taunton households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Taunton vs. Nation
Median household income in Taunton ($22,210) is approximately 62 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
Taunton is a city located in Bristol County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 55,874. 
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau