Chelsea, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Chelsea Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Chelsea
- The estimated average credit card debt for Chelsea residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Chelsea Credit Card Calculator
Chelsea Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Chelsea
- Residents of Chelsea, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Chelsea, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Chelsea cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Chelsea 
- Chelsea (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Chelsea, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 02150, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Oct 17, 2014||02150||Other||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Dec 10, 2013||02150||Delinquent account||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Dec 16, 2013||02150||Delinquent account||CITIZENS FINANCIAL GROUP, INC.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jan 20, 2012||02150||Billing statement||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed||Yes||Yes|
Local Financial Institutions in Chelsea
Banks in or near Chelsea, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Chelsea produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Chelsea, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Chelsea produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Chelsea, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Chelsea produced no matches.
Chelsea, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: Chelsea vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Chelsea ($35,531) is approximately 50 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Chelsea, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Chelsea has a median household income of $35,531, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 23 percent of Chelsea households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Chelsea vs. Nation
Median household income in Chelsea ($35,531) is approximately 39 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
Chelsea is a city located in Suffolk County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 35,177. 
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau