Springfield, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Springfield Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Springfield
- The estimated average credit card debt for Springfield residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Springfield Credit Card Calculator
Springfield Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Springfield
- Residents of Springfield, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Springfield, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Springfield cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Springfield 
- Springfield (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Springfield, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 01103, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Dec 20, 2016||01103||Identity theft / Fraud / Embezzlement||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Springfield
Banks in or near Springfield, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Springfield produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Springfield, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Springfield produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Springfield, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Springfield produced no matches.
Springfield, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: Springfield vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Springfield ($14,961) is approximately 79 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Springfield, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Springfield has a median household income of $14,961, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 17 percent of Springfield households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Springfield vs. Nation
Median household income in Springfield ($14,961) is approximately 74 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
Springfield is a city located in Hampden County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 153,060. 
Springfield Credit Cards
For more information about Springfield credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau