New Bedford, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
New Bedford Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in New Bedford
- The estimated average credit card debt for New Bedford residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
New Bedford Credit Card Calculator
New Bedford Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in New Bedford
- Residents of New Bedford, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More New Bedford, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- New Bedford cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in New Bedford 
- New Bedford (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near New Bedford, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 02740, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Nov 14, 2016||02740||Credit card protection / Debt protection||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jul 19, 2016||02740||Billing statement||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Nov 2, 2015||02740||Credit card protection / Debt protection||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Aug 19, 2014||02740||Billing disputes||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jun 14, 2013||02740||Billing disputes||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||Yes|
|Apr 20, 2016||02740||Identity theft / Fraud / Embezzlement||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in New Bedford
Banks in or near New Bedford, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in New Bedford produced no matches.
ATMs in or near New Bedford, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in New Bedford produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near New Bedford, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in New Bedford produced no matches.
New Bedford, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: New Bedford vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in New Bedford ($12,935) is approximately 82 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
New Bedford, MA Income Breakdown
The city of New Bedford has a median household income of $12,935, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 13 percent of New Bedford households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: New Bedford vs. Nation
Median household income in New Bedford ($12,935) is approximately 78 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
About New Bedford
New Bedford is a city located in Bristol County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 95,072. 
New Bedford Credit Cards
For more information about New Bedford credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau