Newton, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Newton Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Newton
- The estimated average credit card debt for Newton residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Newton Credit Card Calculator
Newton Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Newton
- Residents of Newton, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Newton, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Newton cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Newton 
- Newton (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Newton, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 02459, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
We did not find any local credit card complaints in Newton, MA.
Our search for complaints originating from comsumers in Newton (02459) did not produce any matches.
Local Financial Institutions in Newton
Banks in or near Newton, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Newton produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Newton, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Newton produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Newton, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Newton produced no matches.
Newton, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: Newton vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Newton ($210,899) is approximately 197 percent greater than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Newton, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Newton has a median household income of $210,899, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 8 percent of Newton households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Newton vs. Nation
Median household income in Newton ($210,899) is approximately 262 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
Newton is a city located in Middlesex County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 85,146. 
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau