Alaska Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Alaska Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: AK vs. U.S.
- Alaska residents have average credit card debt of $6,910. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Alaska is
39% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- AK ranks 1st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in AK
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Alaska 
- Alaska ranks 42nd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 26% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Alaska Rate: 0.42%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Alaska 
- Alaska: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Alaska Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: AK vs. U.S.
- Alaska residents have an average credit score of 705. 
- The average credit score for Alaska residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- AK ranks 22nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Alaska
The state of Alaska has a median household income is $68,494. Approximately 11 percent of households in AK have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Alaska vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Alaska is approximately 18 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Alaska median household income of $68,494. 
Age Breakdown in Alaska
In Alaska, just under 72 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Alaska
The state of Alaska has a population of approximately 710,231, ranking 50th in the nation. 
More about Alaska Credit Cards
For more information about Alaska credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Alaska State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve