Newburyport, MA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Newburyport Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Newburyport
- The estimated average credit card debt for Newburyport residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Newburyport Credit Card Calculator
Newburyport Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Newburyport
- Residents of Newburyport, MA have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Newburyport, MA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Newburyport cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Newburyport 
- Newburyport (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Newburyport, MA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 01950, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Nov 5, 2014||01950||Cash advance||JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Sep 4, 2012||01950||Payoff process||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Apr 6, 2016||01950||Other||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Dec 13, 2012||01950||Advertising and marketing||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jan 13, 2013||01950||Collection practices||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Oct 29, 2012||01950||Late fee||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Newburyport
Banks in or near Newburyport, MA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Newburyport produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Newburyport, MA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Newburyport produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Newburyport, MA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Newburyport produced no matches.
Newburyport, MA Household Income Statistics
Income: Newburyport vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Newburyport ($61,657) is approximately 13 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Newburyport, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Newburyport has a median household income of $61,657, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 10 percent of Newburyport households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Newburyport vs. Nation
Median household income in Newburyport ($61,657) is approximately 6 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
Newburyport is a city located in Essex County in the state of Massachusetts, and has a population of approximately 17,416. 
Newburyport Credit Cards
For more information about Newburyport credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau