Maine Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Maine Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: ME vs. U.S.
- Maine residents have average credit card debt of $4,797. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Maine is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- ME ranks 29th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in ME
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Maine 
- Maine ranks 31st in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Maine Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Maine 
- Maine: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Maine Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: ME vs. U.S.
- Maine residents have an average credit score of 712. 
- The average credit score for Maine residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- ME ranks 15th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Maine
The state of Maine has a median household income is $49,025. Approximately 13 percent of households in ME have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Maine vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Maine is approximately 16 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Maine median household income of $49,025. 
Age Breakdown in Maine
In Maine, just under 79 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Maine
The state of Maine has a population of approximately 1,328,361, ranking 40th in the nation. 
More about Maine Credit Cards
For more information about Maine credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maine State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve