Augusta, ME Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Augusta Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Augusta
- The estimated average credit card debt for Augusta residents is $4,797. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maine (all cities) is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maine cities rank 29th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Augusta Credit Card Calculator
Augusta Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Augusta
- Residents of Augusta, ME have an estimated average credit score of 712. 
- The average credit score in Maine (all cities) is
2.3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Maine collectively ranks 15th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Augusta, ME Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maine 
- Maine residents (all cities) rank 31st in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Augusta cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maine Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Augusta 
- Augusta (Maine) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Augusta, ME
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 04330, ME. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Jun 26, 2012||04330||Closing/Cancelling account||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Nov 25, 2013||04330||Billing disputes||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Dec 12, 2013||04330||Late fee||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Apr 27, 2016||04330||Identity theft / Fraud / Embezzlement||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Jul 10, 2012||04330||Other||Synovus Bank||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Nov 12, 2013||04330||APR or interest rate||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Augusta
Banks in or near Augusta, ME
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Augusta produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Augusta, ME
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Augusta produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Augusta, ME
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Augusta produced no matches.
Augusta, ME Household Income Statistics
Income: Augusta vs. Maine
Median household income in Augusta ($38,775) is approximately 21 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($49,025). 
Augusta, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Augusta has a median household income of $38,775, versus $49,025 for Maine and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 12 percent of Augusta households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Augusta vs. Nation
Median household income in Augusta ($38,775) is approximately 33 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maine
Augusta is a city located in Kennebec County in the state of Maine, and has a population of approximately 19,136. 
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maine State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau