Waterville, ME Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Waterville Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Waterville
- The estimated average credit card debt for Waterville residents is $4,797. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maine (all cities) is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maine cities rank 29th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Waterville Credit Card Calculator
Waterville Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Waterville
- Residents of Waterville, ME have an estimated average credit score of 712. 
- The average credit score in Maine (all cities) is
2.3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Maine collectively ranks 15th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Waterville, ME Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maine 
- Maine residents (all cities) rank 31st in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Waterville cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maine Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Waterville 
- Waterville (Maine) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Waterville, ME
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 04901, ME. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Nov 11, 2013||04901||Advertising and marketing||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Jul 30, 2012||04901||Collection practices||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Oct 24, 2016||04901||Closing/Cancelling account||Continental Finance Company, LLC||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Nov 10, 2015||04901||Billing disputes||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Sep 6, 2016||04901||Other||JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Waterville
Banks in or near Waterville, ME
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Waterville produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Waterville, ME
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Waterville produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Waterville, ME
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Waterville produced no matches.
Waterville, ME Household Income Statistics
Income: Waterville vs. Maine
Median household income in Waterville ($44,114) is approximately 10 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($49,025). 
Waterville, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Waterville has a median household income of $44,114, versus $49,025 for Maine and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 12 percent of Waterville households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Waterville vs. Nation
Median household income in Waterville ($44,114) is approximately 24 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maine
Waterville is a city located in Kennebec County in the state of Maine, and has a population of approximately 15,722. 
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maine State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau