Iowa Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Iowa Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have average credit card debt of $3,885. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Iowa is
22% less than the national average of $4,965.
- IA ranks 51st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Iowa 
- Iowa ranks 43rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 28% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Iowa Rate: 0.41%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Iowa 
- Iowa: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Iowa Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IA vs. U.S.
- Iowa residents have an average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score for Iowa residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IA ranks 10th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Iowa
The state of Iowa has a median household income is $52,392. Approximately 13 percent of households in IA have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Iowa vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Iowa is approximately 10 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Iowa median household income of $52,392. 
Age Breakdown in Iowa
In Iowa, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Iowa
The state of Iowa has a population of approximately 3,046,355, ranking 30th in the nation. 
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Iowa State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve