Towson, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Towson Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Towson
- The estimated average credit card debt for Towson residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Towson Credit Card Calculator
Towson Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Towson
- Residents of Towson, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Towson, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Towson cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Towson 
- Towson (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Towson, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 21204, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Sep 15, 2015||21204||Other||JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Aug 18, 2016||21204||Delinquent account||NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Sep 25, 2012||21204||Closing/Cancelling account||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|May 8, 2013||21204||Credit card protection / Debt protection||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Nov 30, 2012||21204||APR or interest rate||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Dec 2, 2015||21204||Credit determination||WELLS FARGO & COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
Local Financial Institutions in Towson
Banks in or near Towson, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Towson produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Towson, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Towson produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Towson, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Towson produced no matches.
Towson, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: Towson vs. Maryland
Median household income in Towson ($204,733) is approximately 163 percent greater than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
Towson, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Towson has a median household income of $204,733, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 8 percent of Towson households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Towson vs. Nation
Median household income in Towson ($204,733) is approximately 251 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
Towson is a city located in Baltimore County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 51,197. 
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau