Maryland Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Maryland Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MD vs. U.S.
- Maryland residents have average credit card debt of $5,345. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Maryland is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- MD ranks 8th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MD
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Maryland 
- Maryland ranks 17th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Maryland 
- Maryland: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Maryland Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MD vs. U.S.
- Maryland residents have an average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score for Maryland residents is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- MD ranks 32nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Maryland
The state of Maryland has a median household income is $77,924. Approximately 10 percent of households in MD have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Maryland vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Maryland is approximately 34 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Maryland median household income of $77,924. 
Age Breakdown in Maryland
In Maryland, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Maryland
The state of Maryland has a population of approximately 5,773,552, ranking 20th in the nation. 
More about Maryland Credit Cards
For more information about Maryland credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve