La Plata, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
La Plata Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in La Plata
- The estimated average credit card debt for La Plata residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
La Plata Credit Card Calculator
La Plata Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in La Plata
- Residents of La Plata, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More La Plata, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- La Plata cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in La Plata 
- La Plata (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near La Plata, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 20646, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Apr 30, 2013||20646||Collection practices||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|May 31, 2016||20646||Balance transfer||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in La Plata
Banks in or near La Plata, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in La Plata produced no matches.
ATMs in or near La Plata, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in La Plata produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near La Plata, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in La Plata produced no matches.
La Plata, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: La Plata vs. Maryland
Median household income in La Plata ($59,893) is approximately 23 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
La Plata, MD Income Breakdown
The city of La Plata has a median household income of $59,893, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 6 percent of La Plata households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: La Plata vs. Nation
Median household income in La Plata ($59,893) is approximately 3 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
About La Plata
La Plata is a town located in Charles County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 8,753. 
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau