Wyoming Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Wyoming Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WY vs. U.S.
- Wyoming residents have average credit card debt of $4,789. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Wyoming is
4% less than the national average of $4,965.
- WY ranks 31st in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WY
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Wyoming 
- Wyoming ranks 46th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 30% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Wyoming Rate: 0.4%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Wyoming 
- Wyoming: 8 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Wyoming Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WY vs. U.S.
- Wyoming residents have an average credit score of 711. 
- The average credit score for Wyoming residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- WY ranks 16th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Wyoming
The state of Wyoming has a median household income is $58,587. Approximately 11 percent of households in WY have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Wyoming vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Wyoming is approximately 1 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Wyoming median household income of $58,587. 
Age Breakdown in Wyoming
In Wyoming, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Wyoming
The state of Wyoming has a population of approximately 563,626, ranking 48th in the nation. 
More about Wyoming Credit Cards
For more information about Wyoming credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Wyoming State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve