Mount Airy, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Mount Airy Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Mount Airy
- The estimated average credit card debt for Mount Airy residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Mount Airy Credit Card Calculator
Mount Airy Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Mount Airy
- Residents of Mount Airy, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Mount Airy, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Mount Airy cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Mount Airy 
- Mount Airy (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Mount Airy, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 21771, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Dec 27, 2015||21771||Identity theft / Fraud / Embezzlement||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||Yes|
|Jan 18, 2012||21771||Collection practices||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed without relief||Yes||Yes|
|Apr 19, 2013||21771||Identity theft / Fraud / Embezzlement||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Apr 18, 2012||21771||Billing disputes||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with relief||Yes||No|
|Aug 4, 2016||21771||Closing/Cancelling account||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|May 2, 2016||21771||Other||JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Mar 1, 2015||21771||Credit card protection / Debt protection||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Jun 25, 2013||21771||APR or interest rate||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jun 28, 2013||21771||Forbearance / Workout plans||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Jun 25, 2012||21771||APR or interest rate||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Mount Airy
Banks in or near Mount Airy, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Mount Airy produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Mount Airy, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Mount Airy produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Mount Airy, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Mount Airy produced no matches.
Mount Airy, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: Mount Airy vs. Maryland
Median household income in Mount Airy ($56,111) is approximately 28 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
Mount Airy, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Mount Airy has a median household income of $56,111, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 5 percent of Mount Airy households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Mount Airy vs. Nation
Median household income in Mount Airy ($56,111) is approximately 4 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
About Mount Airy
Mount Airy is a town located in Carroll County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 9,288. 
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau