Hagerstown, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Hagerstown Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Hagerstown
- The estimated average credit card debt for Hagerstown residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Hagerstown Credit Card Calculator
Hagerstown Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Hagerstown
- Residents of Hagerstown, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Hagerstown, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Hagerstown cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Hagerstown 
- Hagerstown (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Hagerstown, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 21740, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Sep 27, 2015||21740||Credit determination||PAYPAL HOLDINGS INC.||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Mar 12, 2014||21740||Other||WELLS FARGO & COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Nov 3, 2012||21740||Billing statement||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|May 8, 2014||21740||Advertising and marketing||JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Dec 5, 2014||21740||Unsolicited issuance of credit card||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Sep 13, 2014||21740||Billing disputes||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Mar 8, 2012||21740||Balance transfer||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with relief||Yes||No|
|Mar 12, 2014||21740||Other||U.S. BANCORP||Closed with non-monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Dec 10, 2015||21740||Delinquent account||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Oct 15, 2016||21740||Unsolicited issuance of credit card||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Aug 26, 2012||21740||Billing statement||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local Financial Institutions in Hagerstown
Banks in or near Hagerstown, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Hagerstown produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Hagerstown, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Hagerstown produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Hagerstown, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Hagerstown produced no matches.
Hagerstown, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: Hagerstown vs. Maryland
Median household income in Hagerstown ($37,350) is approximately 52 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
Hagerstown, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Hagerstown has a median household income of $37,350, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 11 percent of Hagerstown households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Hagerstown vs. Nation
Median household income in Hagerstown ($37,350) is approximately 36 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
Hagerstown is a city located in Washington County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 39,662. 
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau