Hyattsville, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Hyattsville Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Hyattsville
- The estimated average credit card debt for Hyattsville residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Hyattsville Credit Card Calculator
Hyattsville Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Hyattsville
- Residents of Hyattsville, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Hyattsville, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Hyattsville cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Hyattsville 
- Hyattsville (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Hyattsville, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 20781, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Sep 13, 2013||20781||Late fee||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Oct 30, 2013||20781||Closing/Cancelling account||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Mar 14, 2017||20781||Closing/Cancelling account||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Dec 14, 2015||20781||Other||HSBC NORTH AMERICA HOLDINGS INC.||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
Local Financial Institutions in Hyattsville
Banks in or near Hyattsville, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Hyattsville produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Hyattsville, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Hyattsville produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Hyattsville, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Hyattsville produced no matches.
Hyattsville, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: Hyattsville vs. Maryland
Median household income in Hyattsville ($56,262) is approximately 28 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
Hyattsville, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Hyattsville has a median household income of $56,262, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 9 percent of Hyattsville households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Hyattsville vs. Nation
Median household income in Hyattsville ($56,262) is approximately 3 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
Hyattsville is a city located in Prince Georges County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 17,557. 
Hyattsville Credit Cards
For more information about Hyattsville credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau