Baltimore, MD Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Baltimore Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Baltimore
- The estimated average credit card debt for Baltimore residents is $5,345. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Maryland (all cities) is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Maryland cities rank 8th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Baltimore Credit Card Calculator
Baltimore Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Baltimore
- Residents of Baltimore, MD have an estimated average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score in Maryland (all cities) is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- Maryland collectively ranks 32nd in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Baltimore, MD Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Maryland 
- Maryland residents (all cities) rank 17th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 7% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Baltimore cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Maryland Rate: 0.61%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Baltimore 
- Baltimore (Maryland) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Baltimore, MD
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 21202, MD. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Aug 20, 2014||21202||Closing/Cancelling account||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Dec 5, 2014||21202||Billing disputes||Peroutka, Miller, Klima & Peters, P.A.||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Oct 6, 2012||21202||Sale of account||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Apr 16, 2013||21202||Customer service / Customer relations||WELLS FARGO & COMPANY||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Feb 26, 2017||21202||Other||BANK OF AMERICA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Sep 2, 2014||21202||Closing/Cancelling account||CITIBANK, N.A.||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||Yes|
Local Financial Institutions in Baltimore
Banks in or near Baltimore, MD
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Baltimore produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Baltimore, MD
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Baltimore produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Baltimore, MD
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Baltimore produced no matches.
Baltimore, MD Household Income Statistics
Income: Baltimore vs. Maryland
Median household income in Baltimore ($42,006) is approximately 46 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($77,924). 
Baltimore, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Baltimore has a median household income of $42,006, versus $77,924 for Maryland and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 25 percent of Baltimore households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Baltimore vs. Nation
Median household income in Baltimore ($42,006) is approximately 28 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Maryland
Baltimore is a city located in Baltimore County in the state of Maryland, and has a population of approximately 620,961. 
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Maryland State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau