Virginia Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Virginia Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: VA vs. U.S.
- Virginia residents have average credit card debt of $5,329. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Virginia is
7% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- VA ranks 10th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in VA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Virginia 
- Virginia ranks 32nd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 7% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Virginia Rate: 0.53%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Virginia 
- Virginia: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Virginia Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: VA vs. U.S.
- Virginia residents have an average credit score of 701. 
- The average credit score for Virginia residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- VA ranks 28th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Virginia
The state of Virginia has a median household income is $70,231. Approximately 12 percent of households in VA have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Virginia vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Virginia is approximately 20 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Virginia median household income of $70,231. 
Age Breakdown in Virginia
In Virginia, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Virginia
The state of Virginia has a population of approximately 8,001,024, ranking 11th in the nation. 
More about Virginia Credit Cards
For more information about Virginia credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Virginia State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve