Texas Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Texas Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: TX vs. U.S.
- Texas residents have average credit card debt of $5,173. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Texas is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- TX ranks 14th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in TX
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Texas 
- Texas ranks 20th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Texas Rate: 0.59%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Texas 
- Texas: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Texas Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: TX vs. U.S.
- Texas residents have an average credit score of 674. 
- The average credit score for Texas residents is
3% less than the national average score of 696.
- TX ranks 47th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Texas
The state of Texas has a median household income is $57,144. Approximately 18 percent of households in TX have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Texas vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Texas is approximately 2 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Texas median household income of $57,144. 
Age Breakdown in Texas
In Texas, just under 70 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Texas
The state of Texas has a population of approximately 25,145,561, ranking 2nd in the nation. 
More about Texas Credit Cards
For more information about Texas credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Texas State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve