Tennessee Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Tennessee Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: TN vs. U.S.
- Tennessee residents have average credit card debt of $4,669. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Tennessee is
6% less than the national average of $4,965.
- TN ranks 35th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in TN
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Tennessee 
- Tennessee ranks 14th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Tennessee Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Tennessee 
- Tennessee: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Tennessee Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: TN vs. U.S.
- Tennessee residents have an average credit score of 682. 
- The average credit score for Tennessee residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- TN ranks 43rd in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Tennessee
The state of Tennessee has a median household income is $48,075. Approximately 18 percent of households in TN have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Tennessee vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Tennessee is approximately 18 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Tennessee median household income of $48,075. 
Age Breakdown in Tennessee
In Tennessee, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Tennessee
The state of Tennessee has a population of approximately 6,346,105, ranking 15th in the nation. 
More about Tennessee Credit Cards
For more information about Tennessee credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Tennessee State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve