South Carolina Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
South Carolina Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: SC vs. U.S.
- South Carolina residents have average credit card debt of $5,389. 
- The average credit card debt amount in South Carolina is
9% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- SC ranks 7th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in SC
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in South Carolina 
- South Carolina ranks 11th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 18% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- South Carolina Rate: 0.67%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in South Carolina 
- South Carolina: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
South Carolina Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: SC vs. U.S.
- South Carolina residents have an average credit score of 671. 
- The average credit score for South Carolina residents is
4% less than the national average score of 696.
- SC ranks 48th in the nation in average credit score. 
South Carolina Demographics
Income Breakdown in South Carolina
The state of South Carolina has a median household income is $49,077. Approximately 18 percent of households in SC have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: South Carolina vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of South Carolina is approximately 16 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the South Carolina median household income of $49,077. 
Age Breakdown in South Carolina
In South Carolina, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about South Carolina
About South Carolina
The state of South Carolina has a population of approximately 4,625,364, ranking 24th in the nation. 
More about South Carolina Credit Cards
For more information about South Carolina credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ South Carolina State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve