Mer Rouge, LA Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Mer Rouge Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Mer Rouge
- The estimated average credit card debt for Mer Rouge residents is $4,773. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Louisiana (all cities) is
4% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Louisiana cities rank 32nd in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Mer Rouge Credit Card Calculator
Mer Rouge Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Mer Rouge
- Residents of Mer Rouge, LA have an estimated average credit score of 669. 
- The average credit score in Louisiana (all cities) is
3.88% less than the national average score of 696.
- Louisiana collectively ranks 49th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Mer Rouge, LA Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Louisiana 
- Louisiana residents (all cities) rank 4th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Mer Rouge cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Louisiana Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Mer Rouge 
- Mer Rouge (Louisiana) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Mer Rouge, LA
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 71261, LA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
We did not find any local credit card complaints in Mer Rouge, LA.
Our search for complaints originating from comsumers in Mer Rouge (71261) did not produce any matches.
Local Financial Institutions in Mer Rouge
Banks in or near Mer Rouge, LA
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Mer Rouge produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Mer Rouge, LA
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Mer Rouge produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Mer Rouge, LA
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Mer Rouge produced no matches.
Mer Rouge, LA Household Income Statistics
Income: Mer Rouge vs. Louisiana
Median household income in Mer Rouge ($39,915) is approximately 16 percent less than the median income for the state as a whole ($47,653). 
Mer Rouge, LA Income Breakdown
The city of Mer Rouge has a median household income of $39,915, versus $47,653 for Louisiana and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 27 percent of Mer Rouge households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Mer Rouge vs. Nation
Median household income in Mer Rouge ($39,915) is approximately 32 percent less than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Louisiana
About Mer Rouge
Mer Rouge is a village located in Morehouse County in the state of Louisiana, and has a population of approximately 628. 
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Louisiana State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau