Louisiana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Louisiana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: LA vs. U.S.
- Louisiana residents have average credit card debt of $4,773. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Louisiana is
4% less than the national average of $4,965.
- LA ranks 32nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in LA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Louisiana 
- Louisiana ranks 4th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Louisiana Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Louisiana 
- Louisiana: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Louisiana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: LA vs. U.S.
- Louisiana residents have an average credit score of 669. 
- The average credit score for Louisiana residents is
4% less than the national average score of 696.
- LA ranks 49th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Louisiana
The state of Louisiana has a median household income is $47,653. Approximately 19 percent of households in LA have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Louisiana vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Louisiana is approximately 18 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Louisiana median household income of $47,653. 
Age Breakdown in Louisiana
In Louisiana, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Louisiana
The state of Louisiana has a population of approximately 4,533,372, ranking 26th in the nation. 
More about Louisiana Credit Cards
For more information about Louisiana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Louisiana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve