Selma, AL Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Selma Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt in Selma
- The estimated average credit card debt for Selma residents is $4,817. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Alabama (all cities) is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Alabama cities rank 27th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Selma Credit Card Calculator
Selma Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in Selma
- Residents of Selma, AL have an estimated average credit score of 675. 
- The average credit score in Alabama (all cities) is
3.02% less than the national average score of 696.
- Alabama collectively ranks 46th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More Selma, AL Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Alabama 
- Alabama residents (all cities) rank 2nd in the U.S. with a rate that
is 35% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Selma cardholders that are more than 90 days late on payments
- Alabama Rate: 0.77%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Selma 
- Selma (Alabama) Law: 3 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near Selma, AL
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 36701, AL. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
We did not find any local credit card complaints in Selma, AL.
Our search for complaints originating from comsumers in Selma (36701) did not produce any matches.
Local Financial Institutions in Selma
Banks in or near Selma, AL
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in Selma produced no matches.
ATMs in or near Selma, AL
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in Selma produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near Selma, AL
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in Selma produced no matches.
Selma, AL Household Income Statistics
Income: Selma vs. Alabama
Median household income in Selma ($64,111) is approximately 36 percent greater than the median income for the state as a whole ($47,023). 
Selma, AL Income Breakdown
The city of Selma has a median household income of $64,111, versus $47,023 for Alabama and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 36 percent of Selma households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: Selma vs. Nation
Median household income in Selma ($64,111) is approximately 10 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Alabama
Selma is a city located in Dallas County in the state of Alabama, and has a population of approximately 20,756. 
Did you know?
The credit card hologram was first introduced by MasterCard in 1983 in an effort to combat counterfeit and fraudulent activity.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Alabama State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau