Alabama Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Alabama Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: AL vs. U.S.
- Alabama residents have average credit card debt of $4,817. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Alabama is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- AL ranks 27th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in AL
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Alabama 
- Alabama ranks 2nd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 35% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Alabama Rate: 0.77%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Alabama 
- Alabama: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Alabama Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: AL vs. U.S.
- Alabama residents have an average credit score of 675. 
- The average credit score for Alabama residents is
3% less than the national average score of 696.
- AL ranks 46th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Alabama
The state of Alabama has a median household income is $47,023. Approximately 19 percent of households in AL have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Alabama vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Alabama is approximately 19 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Alabama median household income of $47,023. 
Age Breakdown in Alabama
In Alabama, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Alabama
The state of Alabama has a population of approximately 4,779,736, ranking 23rd in the nation. 
More about Alabama Credit Cards
For more information about Alabama credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Alabama State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve