Wisconsin Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Wisconsin Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WI vs. U.S.
- Wisconsin residents have average credit card debt of $4,327. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Wisconsin is
13% less than the national average of $4,965.
- WI ranks 46th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WI
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Wisconsin 
- Wisconsin ranks 41st in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Wisconsin Rate: 0.44%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Wisconsin 
- Wisconsin: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Wisconsin Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WI vs. U.S.
- Wisconsin residents have an average credit score of 720. 
- The average credit score for Wisconsin residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- WI ranks 4th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Wisconsin
The state of Wisconsin has a median household income is $54,281. Approximately 13 percent of households in WI have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Wisconsin vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Wisconsin is approximately 7 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Wisconsin median household income of $54,281. 
Age Breakdown in Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Wisconsin
The state of Wisconsin has a population of approximately 5,686,986, ranking 19th in the nation. 
More about Wisconsin Credit Cards
For more information about Wisconsin credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Wisconsin State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve