Ohio Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Ohio Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: OH vs. U.S.
- Ohio residents have average credit card debt of $4,817. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Ohio is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- OH ranks 28th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in OH
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Ohio 
- Ohio ranks 22nd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is exactly equal to the national average of 0.57%.
- Ohio Rate: 0.57%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Ohio 
- Ohio: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Ohio Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: OH vs. U.S.
- Ohio residents have an average credit score of 699. 
- The average credit score for Ohio residents is
0% greater than the national average score of 696.
- OH ranks 29th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Ohio
The state of Ohio has a median household income is $51,385. Approximately 16 percent of households in OH have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Ohio vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Ohio is approximately 12 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Ohio median household income of $51,385. 
Age Breakdown in Ohio
In Ohio, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Ohio
The state of Ohio has a population of approximately 11,536,504, ranking 6th in the nation. 
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Ohio State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve