Missouri Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Missouri Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MO vs. U.S.
- Missouri residents have average credit card debt of $4,796. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Missouri is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- MO ranks 30th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MO
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Missouri 
- Missouri ranks 25th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 2% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Missouri Rate: 0.56%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Missouri 
- Missouri: 5 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Missouri Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MO vs. U.S.
- Missouri residents have an average credit score of 696. 
- The average credit score for Missouri residents is
exactly equal to the national average score of 696.
- MO ranks 33rd in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Missouri
The state of Missouri has a median household income is $50,571. Approximately 16 percent of households in MO have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Missouri vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Missouri is approximately 13 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Missouri median household income of $50,571. 
Age Breakdown in Missouri
In Missouri, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Missouri
The state of Missouri has a population of approximately 5,988,927, ranking 17th in the nation. 
More about Missouri Credit Cards
For more information about Missouri credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Missouri State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve