Kentucky Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Kentucky Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: KY vs. U.S.
- Kentucky residents have average credit card debt of $4,436. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Kentucky is
11% less than the national average of $4,965.
- KY ranks 45th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in KY
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Kentucky 
- Kentucky ranks 7th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Kentucky Rate: 0.7%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Kentucky 
- Kentucky: 15 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Kentucky Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: KY vs. U.S.
- Kentucky residents have an average credit score of 688. 
- The average credit score for Kentucky residents is
1% less than the national average score of 696.
- KY ranks 38th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Kentucky
The state of Kentucky has a median household income is $45,246. Approximately 19 percent of households in KY have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Kentucky vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Kentucky is approximately 22 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Kentucky median household income of $45,246. 
Age Breakdown in Kentucky
In Kentucky, just under 75 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Kentucky
The state of Kentucky has a population of approximately 4,339,367, ranking 25th in the nation. 
More about Kentucky Credit Cards
For more information about Kentucky credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Kentucky State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve