Indiana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Indiana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: IN vs. U.S.
- Indiana residents have average credit card debt of $4,577. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Indiana is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- IN ranks 38th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in IN
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Indiana 
- Indiana ranks 12th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 16% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Indiana Rate: 0.66%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Indiana 
- Indiana: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Indiana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: IN vs. U.S.
- Indiana residents have an average credit score of 697. 
- The average credit score for Indiana residents is
0% greater than the national average score of 696.
- IN ranks 30th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Indiana
The state of Indiana has a median household income is $51,347. Approximately 15 percent of households in IN have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Indiana vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Indiana is approximately 12 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Indiana median household income of $51,347. 
Age Breakdown in Indiana
In Indiana, just under 73 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Indiana
The state of Indiana has a population of approximately 6,483,802, ranking 14th in the nation. 
More about Indiana Credit Cards
For more information about Indiana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Indiana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve