Georgia Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Georgia Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: GA vs. U.S.
- Georgia residents have average credit card debt of $5,343. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Georgia is
8% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- GA ranks 9th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in GA
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Georgia 
- Georgia ranks 6th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 23% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Georgia Rate: 0.7%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Georgia 
- Georgia: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Georgia Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: GA vs. U.S.
- Georgia residents have an average credit score of 667. 
- The average credit score for Georgia residents is
4% less than the national average score of 696.
- GA ranks 50th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Georgia
The state of Georgia has a median household income is $55,142. Approximately 18 percent of households in GA have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Georgia vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Georgia is approximately 5 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Georgia median household income of $55,142. 
Age Breakdown in Georgia
In Georgia, just under 72 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Georgia
The state of Georgia has a population of approximately 9,687,653, ranking 9th in the nation. 
More about Georgia Credit Cards
For more information about Georgia credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Georgia State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve