Delaware Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Delaware Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: DE vs. U.S.
- Delaware residents have average credit card debt of $5,234. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Delaware is
5% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- DE ranks 13th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in DE
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Delaware 
- Delaware ranks 15th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 14% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Delaware Rate: 0.65%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Delaware 
- Delaware: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Delaware Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: DE vs. U.S.
- Delaware residents have an average credit score of 694. 
- The average credit score for Delaware residents is
0% less than the national average score of 696.
- DE ranks 34th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Delaware
The state of Delaware has a median household income is $62,682. Approximately 12 percent of households in DE have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Delaware vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Delaware is approximately 8 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Delaware median household income of $62,682. 
Age Breakdown in Delaware
In Delaware, just under 76 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Delaware
The state of Delaware has a population of approximately 897,934, ranking 47th in the nation. 
More about Delaware Credit Cards
For more information about Delaware credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Delaware State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve