Colorado Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Colorado Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: CO vs. U.S.
- Colorado residents have average credit card debt of $5,625. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Colorado is
13% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- CO ranks 2nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in CO
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Colorado 
- Colorado ranks 37th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 21% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Colorado Rate: 0.45%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Colorado 
- Colorado: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Colorado Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: CO vs. U.S.
- Colorado residents have an average credit score of 713. 
- The average credit score for Colorado residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- CO ranks 12th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Colorado
The state of Colorado has a median household income is $62,678. Approximately 13 percent of households in CO have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Colorado vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Colorado is approximately 8 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Colorado median household income of $62,678. 
Age Breakdown in Colorado
In Colorado, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Colorado
The state of Colorado has a population of approximately 5,029,196, ranking 22nd in the nation. 
More about Colorado Credit Cards
For more information about Colorado credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers (even the very first number) of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, Visa credit cards begin with a 4.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Colorado State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve