Arkansas Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Arkansas Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: AR vs. U.S.
- Arkansas residents have average credit card debt of $4,535. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Arkansas is
9% less than the national average of $4,965.
- AR ranks 44th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in AR
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Arkansas 
- Arkansas ranks 3rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Arkansas Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Arkansas 
- Arkansas: 5 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Arkansas Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: AR vs. U.S.
- Arkansas residents have an average credit score of 683. 
- The average credit score for Arkansas residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- AR ranks 40th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Arkansas
The state of Arkansas has a median household income is $42,653. Approximately 19 percent of households in AR have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Arkansas vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Arkansas is approximately 27 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Arkansas median household income of $42,653. 
Age Breakdown in Arkansas
In Arkansas, just under 74 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Arkansas
The state of Arkansas has a population of approximately 2,915,918, ranking 32nd in the nation. 
More about Arkansas Credit Cards
For more information about Arkansas credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Alaska residents had the highest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $6,910 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Arkansas State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve