Arizona Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Arizona Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: AZ vs. U.S.
- Arizona residents have average credit card debt of $5,011. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Arizona is
1% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- AZ ranks 19th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in AZ
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Arizona 
- Arizona ranks 24th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 2% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Arizona Rate: 0.56%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Arizona 
- Arizona: 6 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Arizona Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: AZ vs. U.S.
- Arizona residents have an average credit score of 691. 
- The average credit score for Arizona residents is
1% less than the national average score of 696.
- AZ ranks 35th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Arizona
The state of Arizona has a median household income is $56,532. Approximately 18 percent of households in AZ have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Arizona vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Arizona is approximately 3 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Arizona median household income of $56,532. 
Age Breakdown in Arizona
In Arizona, just under 73 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Arizona
The state of Arizona has a population of approximately 6,392,017, ranking 18th in the nation. 
More about Arizona Credit Cards
For more information about Arizona credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Arizona State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve