West Virginia Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
West Virginia Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: WV vs. U.S.
- West Virginia residents have average credit card debt of $4,315. 
- The average credit card debt amount in West Virginia is
13% less than the national average of $4,965.
- WV ranks 47th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in WV
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in West Virginia 
- West Virginia ranks 5th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 33% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- West Virginia Rate: 0.76%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in West Virginia 
- West Virginia: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
West Virginia Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: WV vs. U.S.
- West Virginia residents have an average credit score of 689. 
- The average credit score for West Virginia residents is
1% less than the national average score of 696.
- WV ranks 37th in the nation in average credit score. 
West Virginia Demographics
Income Breakdown in West Virginia
The state of West Virginia has a median household income is $40,937. Approximately 18 percent of households in WV have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: West Virginia vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of West Virginia is approximately 30 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the West Virginia median household income of $40,937. 
Age Breakdown in West Virginia
In West Virginia, just under 78 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about West Virginia
About West Virginia
The state of West Virginia has a population of approximately 1,852,994, ranking 38th in the nation. 
More about West Virginia Credit Cards
For more information about West Virginia credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ West Virginia State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve