Rhode Island Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Rhode Island Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: RI vs. U.S.
- Rhode Island residents have average credit card debt of $5,102. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Rhode Island is
3% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- RI ranks 18th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in RI
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Rhode Island 
- Rhode Island ranks 23rd in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is exactly equal to the national average of 0.57%.
- Rhode Island Rate: 0.57%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Rhode Island 
- Rhode Island: 10 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Rhode Island Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: RI vs. U.S.
- Rhode Island residents have an average credit score of 704. 
- The average credit score for Rhode Island residents is
1% greater than the national average score of 696.
- RI ranks 25th in the nation in average credit score. 
Rhode Island Demographics
Income Breakdown in Rhode Island
The state of Rhode Island has a median household income is $59,890. Approximately 14 percent of households in RI have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Rhode Island vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Rhode Island is approximately 3 percent more than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Rhode Island median household income of $59,890. 
Age Breakdown in Rhode Island
In Rhode Island, just under 78 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Rhode Island
About Rhode Island
The state of Rhode Island has a population of approximately 1,052,567, ranking 45th in the nation. 
More about Rhode Island Credit Cards
For more information about Rhode Island credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Rhode Island State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve