New Mexico Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
New Mexico Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NM vs. U.S.
- New Mexico residents have average credit card debt of $4,920. 
- The average credit card debt amount in New Mexico is
1% less than the national average of $4,965.
- NM ranks 22nd in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NM
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in New Mexico 
- New Mexico ranks 28th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 4% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- New Mexico Rate: 0.55%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in New Mexico 
- New Mexico: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
New Mexico Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NM vs. U.S.
- New Mexico residents have an average credit score of 683. 
- The average credit score for New Mexico residents is
2% less than the national average score of 696.
- NM ranks 42nd in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in New Mexico
The state of New Mexico has a median household income is $48,548. Approximately 20 percent of households in NM have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: New Mexico vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of New Mexico is approximately 17 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the New Mexico median household income of $48,548. 
Age Breakdown in New Mexico
In New Mexico, just under 72 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about New Mexico
About New Mexico
The state of New Mexico has a population of approximately 2,059,179, ranking 36th in the nation. 
More about New Mexico Credit Cards
For more information about New Mexico credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Paying with plastic? American Express was the first company with an actual plastic credit card - the first being introduced in 1958.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ New Mexico State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve