Nebraska Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Nebraska Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: NE vs. U.S.
- Nebraska residents have average credit card debt of $4,298. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Nebraska is
13% less than the national average of $4,965.
- NE ranks 48th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in NE
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Nebraska 
- Nebraska ranks 44th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 28% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Nebraska Rate: 0.41%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Nebraska 
- Nebraska: 4 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Nebraska Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: NE vs. U.S.
- Nebraska residents have an average credit score of 717. 
- The average credit score for Nebraska residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- NE ranks 7th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Nebraska
The state of Nebraska has a median household income is $53,124. Approximately 13 percent of households in NE have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Nebraska vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Nebraska is approximately 9 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Nebraska median household income of $53,124. 
Age Breakdown in Nebraska
In Nebraska, just under 71 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Nebraska
The state of Nebraska has a population of approximately 1,826,341, ranking 37th in the nation. 
More about Nebraska Credit Cards
For more information about Nebraska credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
Iowa residents had the lowest average credit card debt in the nation in 2013, at $3,885 per cardholder.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Nebraska State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve