Montana Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Montana Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: MT vs. U.S.
- Montana residents have average credit card debt of $4,565. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Montana is
8% less than the national average of $4,965.
- MT ranks 39th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in MT
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Montana 
- Montana ranks 49th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 35% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Montana Rate: 0.37%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Montana 
- Montana: 8 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Montana Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: MT vs. U.S.
- Montana residents have an average credit score of 715. 
- The average credit score for Montana residents is
3% greater than the national average score of 696.
- MT ranks 8th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Montana
The state of Montana has a median household income is $47,343. Approximately 15 percent of households in MT have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Montana vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Montana is approximately 19 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Montana median household income of $47,343. 
Age Breakdown in Montana
In Montana, just under 76 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Montana
The state of Montana has a population of approximately 989,415, ranking 43rd in the nation. 
More about Montana Credit Cards
For more information about Montana credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Montana State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve