Kansas Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics
Kansas Credit Card Debt
- Credit Card Debt: KS vs. U.S.
- Kansas residents have average credit card debt of $4,830. 
- The average credit card debt amount in Kansas is
3% less than the national average of $4,965.
- KS ranks 26th in the nation in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Delinquency in KS
- Cardholders that are more than 90 days late on credit card payments in Kansas 
- Kansas ranks 36th in the nation with a credit card delinquency rate that
is 19% less than the national average of 0.57%.
- Kansas Rate: 0.46%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in Kansas 
- Kansas: 3 years
- U.S. Average: 5.4 years
Kansas Credit Scores
- Credit Scores: KS vs. U.S.
- Kansas residents have an average credit score of 708. 
- The average credit score for Kansas residents is
2% greater than the national average score of 696.
- KS ranks 20th in the nation in average credit score. 
Income Breakdown in Kansas
The state of Kansas has a median household income is $54,787. Approximately 14 percent of households in KS have incomes below the poverty level. 
Household Income: Kansas vs. U.S.
The median household income in the state of Kansas is approximately 6 percent less than the median income for the United States in its entirety.
For the nation as a whole, the median household income is $58,283, versus the Kansas median household income of $54,787. 
Age Breakdown in Kansas
In Kansas, just under 71 percent of state residents meet the minimum age requirement to own a credit card in their own name without a co-signer.  
Additional information about Kansas
The state of Kansas has a population of approximately 2,853,118, ranking 31st in the nation. 
More about Kansas Credit Cards
For more information about Kansas credit cards, or for additional resources regarding credit cards overall, visit Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Did you know?
A lot can be learned by looking at the first digits of a credit card. For example, MasterCards all begin with numbers between 51 and 55.
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Kansas State Legislature
5. ^ United States Census Bureau
6. ^ U.S. Federal Reserve