Credit Card & Personal Finance Statistics in 01002
Credit Card Debt in 01002
- 01002 Credit Card Debt
- The estimated average credit card debt for 01002 residents is $5,142. 
- Average credit card debt amount in Massachusetts (all cities) is
4% greater than the national average of $4,965.
- Collectively, Massachusetts cities rank 16th in the U.S. in average credit card debt. 
Credit Card Calculator for 01002
01002 Credit Scores
- Credit Scores in 01002
- Residents of 01002 (MA) have an estimated average credit score of 714. 
- The average credit score in Massachusetts (all cities) is
2.59% greater than the national average score of 696.
- Massachusetts collectively ranks 11th in the U.S. in average credit score of residents. 
More 01002 (Amherst, MA) Credit Stats
- Credit card delinquency rates in Massachusetts 
- Massachusetts residents (all cities) rank 16th in the U.S. with a rate that
is 9% greater than the national average of 0.57%.
- Cardholders in 01002 who are more than 90 days late on payments
- Massachusetts Rate: 0.62%
- National Average: 0.57%
- Statute of limitations for credit card debt in 01002 
- 01002 (Massachusetts) Law: 6 years
- U.S. State Average: 5.4 years
Credit Card Complaints in or near 01002 (Amherst, MA)
Recent credit card complaints originating from consumers in 01002, MA. Local consumers submitted these credit card complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The date of the complaint, type of complaint and status of the inquiry are listed below.
|Date Complaint Filed||ZIP of Complaint||Type of Complaint||Company||Status of Complaint||Timely response?||Consumer disputed?|
|Jun 27, 2016||01002||Billing disputes||BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Apr 9, 2013||01002||Privacy||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with explanation||Yes||Yes|
|Feb 24, 2015||01002||Closing/Cancelling account||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jun 16, 2014||01002||APR or interest rate||CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Feb 14, 2015||01002||Closing/Cancelling account||DISCOVER BANK||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Jul 11, 2012||01002||Late fee||SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL||Closed with monetary relief||Yes||No|
|Dec 13, 2012||01002||APR or interest rate||BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
|Aug 7, 2013||01002||Other||AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY||Closed with explanation||Yes||No|
Local financial institutions in or near 01002
Banks in or near 01002 (Amherst, MA)
Local banks offering credit and financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local banks found.
Our search for banks located in 01002 produced no matches.
ATMs in or near 01002 (Amherst, MA)
Local Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) for use by residents of the community.
Sorry, no local ATMs were found.
Our search for ATMs located in 01002 produced no matches.
Credit Unions in or near 01002 (Amherst, MA)
Local credit unions offering financial products to residents of the community.
Sorry, no local credit unions were found.
Our search for credit unions located in 01002 produced no matches.
Household Income Statistics in 01002
Income: 01002 vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in 01002 ($82,706) is approximately 16 percent greater than the median income for the state as a whole ($71,021). 
Income Breakdown in 01002
The median household income in 01002 is $82,706, versus $71,021 for Massachusetts and $58,283 for the U.S. Approximately 13 percent of Amherst households have incomes below poverty level. 
Income: 01002 vs. Nation
Median household income in 01002 ($82,706) is approximately 42 percent greater than the median income for the entire United States ($58,283). 
Additional information about Massachusetts
01002 is associated with the city of Amherst, which is located in Hampshire County in the state of Massachusetts. 
Did you know?
The first few numbers of a credit card can reveal a lot. For example, American Express credit cards begin with 34 or 37.
Other ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ The Washington Post
2. ^ TransUnion
3. ^ Equifax
4. ^ Massachusetts State Legislature
5. ^ Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
6. ^ United States Census Bureau